Steal the nut game
From This Is How You Play
|Steal the nut game|
|Age Range||5-8 (grades 1-2), 8-11 (grades 3-5)|
|Group Size||medium (6-20)|
|Setup Time||short (0-5 min)|
|Duration||medium (11-30 min)|
|Materials||1 object that can be named "the nut"|
Kids compete as teams to steal an object from each other.
Steal the nut from the forest as many times as you can in order to prepare for the cold winter without having it stolen by the opposing team.
This Is How You Play
- Each child is a squirrel. The squirrels are divided up into two different families.
- Each family is given a home on either side of the room/field.
- The “nut” is placed in the center of the forest (room/field), equally spaced between the 2 groups.
- When the counselor says, “Steal the nut!” all the children run towards the center of the forest to try and grab the nut first and run it back to their home. If the other family steals the nut from that family before they get to their home, then the nut is theirs.
- Play the game several times. Best out of 10 wins.
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus