Emergency flip flops
From This Is How You Play
Students will be able to create re-usable flip flops out of cardboard and plastic grocery bags
This Is How You Play
- check the instructables link for the general overview, however I'm making a few modification for younger students.
- Have children trace out each foot on a piece of cardboard. They will need two sets (For a total of 4 pieces of cardboard foot shapes).
- Cut out the foot shapes.
- make holes in the cardboard foot shapes as indicated in figure 1 in the pictures tab
- tie the plastic bags together as shown in figure 2.
- attach the plastic bags to the top cardboard piece as shown in figure 3.
- glue the each set of cardboard foot shapes together as shown in figure 4. This is so the bottom of the flip flop doesn't have plastic hanging down from it. The cardboard bottom seals in the plastic like a sandwich.
- wait for it to dry and you'll have emergency flip flops!
- http://www.instructables.com/id/Eco-Friendly-Emergency-Flip-Flops/ - Here are the original instructions at instructables