From This Is How You Play
|Age Range||5-8 (grades 1-2), 8-11 (grades 3-5)|
|Group Size||small (1-5), medium (6-20)|
|Setup Time||short (0-5 min)|
|Duration||short (5-10 min), medium (11-30 min)|
|Presentation Style||active, interactive, student led|
It's tag, but you run away in a lot of funny ways.
This Is How You Play
This is a competitive game for kids who hate competition.
- A kid is "IT." Instead of dodging a ball, everyone is dodging this kid. i like to have the kid put their arms in their shirt so it's not like tag. If the kid bumps into another kid. That kid is out.
The SILLY part!!!
- The rest of the kids must run away in silly ways. Here are my favorites:
- Skip away
- Run away like you're Frankenstein
- Run away like you're a zombie
- Run away like a crazy person
- Run away with a partner
- Run away like you are very very happy
- Run away like you're confused
- Run away like you're very sad
- Run away like you're scared
- Run away like a monster
- Run away like a Disney Princess
- Run away like you're in a Star Wars movie
- Run away like you knees are connected to each other
- After a few a these, kids forget that they're playing a competitive game and then they focus on the acting and improvisation aspects of the game.
- After each new command, all kids are back in the game. This gives the illusion that a competitive game is still being played but no one is really left out for too long.
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus